Prep your hair for summer
How to prep your hair for summer by Celebrity hairstylist Asgar Saboo
Summer is here so it is time to get our sunglasses and hats out but on at the same time it is important to not neglect our hair! Hairstylist to the stars, Asgar Saboo has worked his magic on Bollywood icons such as Deepika Padukone, Aishwarya Rai-Bachchan, and Katrina Kaif as well as Hollywood A-List stars Eva Longoria, Cindy Crawford. Asgar Saboo shares with us some essential tips to prepare our hair for summer to keep looking gorgeous the whole season.
How to control Hair Fall
Hair loss is caused by lack of protein. This summer, stay hydrated – 8 glasses of water a day keeps your hair hydrated inside out. Ensure you consume seasonal summer fruits and vegetables.
Another Tip: Regularly massaging your scalp in a circular motion will help stimulate blood flow!
Who doesn’t love natural hair! This summer, avoid heated tools & trim your tresses every six to eight weeks to prevent split ends and enjoy the sunshine.
How to keep hair off your face
HALO! No, not the Beyoncé song! The Braid. This hairstyle is neat, tidy and trendy and just what you need this summer.
1. Create a side parting and pull a section of hair to one side – it should be thick enough to separate into three strands.
2. Start plaiting this in section, alternating each side strand over the middle one. Remember to keep the strands pulled as this will result in a stronger brand and it won’t fall out. You can loosen it if you want for a more relaxed look.
3. Continue the braid along the hairline towards your ear, pulling in extra of your hair with each side strand as you go. Present all the hair along your hairline into the bottom of the braid and all the hair from parting at top – This may look difficult but just be patient!
4. Plait your main braid right to the bottom and secure this snag-free band. Repeat this on the other side of the head until you have two braided pigtails!
5. To create a full-circle effect at the back of your head, take the right braid across to the left and in this in place. Repeat this on the other side. Slide this in plenty of Kirby grips to secure the style and set this with your favorite hairspray. That’s it! You have your own Halo!!
The deadly summer frizz, most common problem in summer. Don’t worry! there’s a solution for that too.
In extreme variations, the weather strips off the outermost layer of our hair which makes them brittle, rough and prone to damage.
Use Anti-Frizz leave in cream after blow drying or once the hair is completely dry. Massage the anti-frizz cream in your hair. Avoid using any heating tools after this.
To go for a more natural solution to this problem try applying a mixture of almond oil and egg. Wait for 40 mins and rinse. Do it once a week. Almond oil acts as a natural hair emollient and conditioner, while the egg repairs damage in the hair shaft with its high protein content.
Featured image: http://www.joico.com