New BRAVIA Sony Electronics
Sony Electronics Announces New BRAVIA XR 8K LED, 4K OLED and 4K LED Models with New “Cognitive Processor XR”
Innovative new processor mimics human brain to deliver a never-before-seen immersive viewing experience
Powered by the Cognitive Processor XR, the brain of the new BRAVIA XR, the BRAVIA TV’s use a completely new processing method that goes beyond conventional AI, designed to replicate the ways humans see and hear. When we see objects, we unconsciously focus on certain points. Cognitive Processor XR, powered by cognitive intelligence, knows where that focal point is by dividing the screen into numerous zones and detecting where the “focal point” is in the picture. While conventional Artificial Intelligence (AI) can only detect and analyze picture elements like color, contrast, and detail individually, the new processor can cross-analyze an array of elements at once, just as our brains do. By doing so, each element is adjusted to its best final outcome, in conjunction with each other, so everything is synchronized and lifelike – something that conventional AI cannot achieve.
Cognitive Processor XR can also analyze sound position in the signal so the sound matches precisely with what’s on the screen. In addition, it upconverts any sound to 3D surround sound, to deliver supreme realism with an immersive soundscape. It learns, analyses, and understands unprecedented amounts of data and intelligently optimizes every pixel, frame, and scene for the most lifelike picture and sound Sony has ever delivered.
Key BRAVIA XR Lineup Highlights:
· Google TV: This lineup also introduces Google TV, a brand-new entertainment experience that brings together movies, shows, live TV, and more from apps and subscriptions and organizes them just for you. Easily find something to watch with personalized recommendations and bookmark shows and movies to a single Watchlist to keep track of what to watch. Users can even add to their Watchlist from their phone or laptop with Google Search.
· HDMI 2.1 Compatibility: All BRAVIA XR TVs will feature HDMI 2.1 and e-ARC compatibility, including 4K 120fps, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), supporting higher resolutions and frame rates ideal for next-generation gaming.
· Sound-from-Picture Reality™: In addition to best-in-class picture quality, the new Cognitive Processor XR also offers incredible sound with Sound-from-Picture Reality™, which aligns the position of the sound with the images on the screen to offer a uniquely lifelike experience.
· Hands-Free Voice Function: With hands-free voice control built into Sony’s Google TVs, you can set aside the remote and just use your voice to search for entertainment, get answers, and control the TV and smart home devices. Try saying “Hey Google, turn on the TV” or “Hey Google, what should I watch?”.
· Smart Speaker Compatibility: With Google Assistant-enabled devices, you may cast and control videos from YouTube with Google Nest speakers or change the channel or volume with Google Assistant-enabled devices.
· Delivering the Creator’s Intent: The new models will continue to deliver the creator’s intent with Netflix Calibrated Mode, offering studio-quality Netflix content.