Homemade Apple Sauce – Recipe
The Italian fruit and vegetable cooperative – CSO Italy, shares a tasty and nutritious recipe of Homemade Apple Sauce, using the finest ingredients from Italy.
Apple Sauce is a sauce made of apples and is widely used in cooking. It’s delicious either chilled, hot, on its own, in savory dishes, or even in baking. However, it’s usually store-bought ready-made. Today, we’re showing you how easy it is to make a healthy apple sauce filled with nutrients and vitamins. You will only require a few basic, yet qualitative ingredients. Did you know it can even be used as an egg replacement in the baking recipe? It is vegan friendly!
Ingredients & instructions :
- 3 pounds of Epli Italian Apples
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp sugar (adjust to your liking)
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tsp of freshly squeezed Italian lemon juice
- Peel, core, and cut the apples into large squares.
- In a large saucepan, add the apples, sugar, water, and cinnamon and bring it to a boil. Then reduce the heat and cover. Stir occasionally. After 30 to 35 minutes, the apples should be tender. If the apple sauce starts sticking to the bottom of the pan you can add a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Once it is smooth and looking like a sauce, remove it from the pan and pour it into jars.
You can find CSO Italy’s delicious apple, tomato puree, blood orange juice, lemon puree ready to use in your homemade recipes online through specialty grocers and on Amazon.