Healthy Suhoor Recipes
Ramadan is just around the corner and we are already piling, stocking and preparing for the iftar and suhoor supplies during the blessed month. Since this year Ramadan falls on the warmest days of the year, we have to make sure that w take extra care to stay fit and make the most of the month, in sha Allah. Unlike iftar, suhoor time is challenging, a, because it is early morning and eating heavy food can make you feel bloated, and b, we have to make sure that it is a healthy intake of essential nutrients. Nestle Fitness with B vitamins and Oats provide the body with great nutrition and great taste. We have compiled a list of healthy suhoor recipes using Nestle Fitness with B vitamins and Oats, so try these nutritious and easy-to-prepare recipes that are guaranteed to keep you going throughout the day.
NICE CREAM/ HEALTHY ICECREAM
50 g FITNESS® Original
2 frozen bananas
150 g strawberries
1 handful of basil leaves
1 handful of baby spinach
Optional: 1 teaspoon honey
- Mix one of the frozen bananas with the basil, baby spinach, and lime juice.
- Taste and add a bit of honey if necessary.
- Pour in 2 thin and long glasses, add a layer of FITNESS® Original.
- Mix the other frozen banana with the strawberries.
- Pour in the glasses.
- Add some FITNESS flakes for decoration, as well as strawberries and basil leaves.
60g FITNESS® Honey & Almonds
10 dates (200g)150ml water
50g dried apricots
1 teaspoon chia seeds
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to °180C
- In a bowl, cut the dates and dried apricots into pieces, add all other ingredients and mix all by hand.
- In an oven-safe baking dish with baking paper or greased with coconut oil, spread the mixture evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until the top, is browned.
- Pull out of the oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- Chop in bars, to be kept in a hermetic container, at room temperature.
4 teaspoons chia seeds
2 tablespoons honey
10cl almond milk
1 teaspoon golden flaxseeds
1. In two nice jars, spread the chia seeds and the honey using a spoon.
- Pour the almond milk, completely covering the mix.
- Peel the mango and the banana, place them in a blender with some milk, a dash of lemon juice and the golden flaxseeds until obtaining a smooth creamy mixture.
- Cover the chia seeds with this mix in each jar.
- Add some additional mango pieces on top, as well as a handful of FITNESS® Fruits
- Put in the fridge overnight.Enjoy in the morning.
2 tbsp FITNESS® Cereal
2 large pears
2 tsp honey
2 tbsp wheat bran
- Preheat your oven to 200°c.
- Rinse and slice the pears. Place them by overlapping the slices on the bottom of the individual ramequins.
- Pour a little honey over the pears.
- Mix the Bran and cereal in a bowl.
- Add few drops of water to get a stiff, flaky batter.
- Sprinkle the batter over the pears and bake in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
FITNESS GRANOLA SMOOTHIE BOWL
30g FITNESS® Original
1 / 2 Avocado
80 ml Milk
3 Big Ice Cubes
2 teaspoons Cocoa Powder
Optional toppings: A few slices of bananas 1 teaspoon of Peanut butter Coconut shavings Chocolate Shavings
- Mix the banana, the avocado, the milk, the cocoa powder and the ice cubes in a blender.
- Pour into bowls and add some FITNESS® Original
- Complete with some toppings.
YOGURT SMOOTHIE AND GRANOLA PARFAIT
Handful FITNESS® Granola Oats & Honey
150g Greek Yogurt
120ml Orange Juice
1/2 BananaFresh red fruits (Raspberries & Blueberries)
Recipe to be served in a jar.
- In a blender, mix the peeled and chopped beet, with red fruits, the orange juice, and the half banana.
- In a glass jar, pour a layer of Greek yogurt, a layer of smoothie and a layer of FITNESS® Granola Oats & Honey
- Repeat the layers in the same way until the jar is full.
- To finish, top it off with some fresh fruits.