Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
Atkins’ Recipes: Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
Serves: 4 Persons
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- 100 gram cheddar cheese
- 2 red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 4 skinless chicken breast
- 4 scallions
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 whole wheat tortilla
- Wrap the chicken in foil and bake for 30 minutes until cooked, then cool slightly and shred.
- Divide and spread half of the cheese over 4 tortillas, leaving a border around edge.
- Evenly divide and arrange chicken, roasted peppers, scallions and coriander over cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover each with a tortilla.
- Heat two large non-stick pans over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add one piece of butter to each skillet, and heat until melted.
- Place one quesadilla in each skillet, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, turning carefully with a wide spatula. Repeat with remaining butter and quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into eight wedges.
- If desired, garnish with sour cream, salsa, mini bell pepper and jalapeno.
Nutritional information per serving
- Net Carbs:7 grams
- Protein:2 grams
- Fat:3 grams
About the New Atkins Lifestyle:
The New Atkins Lifestyle offers a powerful lifetime approach to weight loss and management. It is a scientifically based and sustainable carbohydrate controlled eating plan for safe and effective balanced living. There are four phases that make up the New Atkins Lifestyle – to view the four phases and guidance on the New Atkins Lifestyle and products visit http://meuk.atkins.com/