Chargrilled Asparagus – Recipe
The delicate green Asparagus is considered a vegetable delicacy. It is low in calories and a great source of fiber, vitamins A, C, and K, and other nutrients. It can be steamed, grilled, or roasted in many different ways. The chef at the Bombay Borough Restaurant Dubai shares his favourite Chargrilled Asparagus recipe with us to try at home.
Asparagus – 105 gms
Sago – 100 gms
Turmeric powder – 2 gms
Lemon juice – 5 ml
Salt – 2 gms
Cumin whole – 2 gms
Chilli flakes – 2 gms
Coriander leaves – 5 gms
Fresh cream – 20 ml
Olive oil – 20 ml
- Peel the asparagus and poach them for 5mins on medium heat and keep them in ice-cold water to maintain their color & texture.
- Remove the asparagus from the cold water, drizzle some oil, season it with salt and pepper, and place it on a preheated griller for 5 seconds on each side.
- In a pan add some oil, cumin, chili flakes, and soaked sago. Toss it for a min until the sago is soft.
- For the turmeric & lemon sauce, in a pan add oil, lemon juice & turmeric powder. Heat them up, and add in chili flakes and cream.
- For assembling, place the sago as the base, arrange the asparagus over the sago, and pour the sauce on top.