Batata Harra (Spicy Potatoes) – Recipe
I am pretty sure you must be busy with Ramadan with a tight schedule between prayers and work. Here’s another easy recipe of Spicy Potatoes, commonly known as Batata Harra – a Mezze favorite of the Levant region. It’s easy to prepare and makes for a delicious Iftar dish.
Prep time: 5 min
Cooking: 50 min
- 900g potato, peeled and cut into 1-2 cm cubes
- 1 sachet MAGGI® Juicy Coriander & Garlic spice mix
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red chili flakes
- 2-3 tbsp. toasted pine seeds (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 1900C and place rack on medium level.
- Combine potatoes, MAGGI® Juicy Coriander & Garlic spice mix, olive oil and chili flakes in the provided oven bag and gently toss to coat.
- Use provided a red tie to close the bag and lay it flat on an oven tray.
- Place the tray in preheated oven and cook for 50 minutes, until potatoes are golden and fork tender.
- Carefully remove potatoes from bag and serve on small mezze plates.